Gloucester Rugby this morning confirmed the signing of Leinster Rugby centre Brendan Macken on loan until the end of the season.
Aviva Tackling Numbers
Aviva Tackling Numbers is an innovative and engaging programme for Key Stage 2 children, which makes learning about numbers fun, exciting and rewarding.
Delivered by the 12 Premiership Rugby Clubs across England and available online, this rugby themed programme integrates interactive classroom maths sessions with practical, number-based rugby games. Rugby is used to deliver a range of numeracy challenges in a new and exciting way.
Moreover, by using rugby themed content that connects with real life experiences, Aviva Tackling Numbers puts in place foundations for financial literacy in later life.
Aviva Tackling Numbers offers a new way to achieve the National Curriculum's maths and Physical Education, citizenship and Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education (PSHE) outcomes.
So that children can progress at their own rate, this resource contains differentiated task levels and opportunities for assessment throughout.
The key aims of the project are to:
• Improve children's confidence in their number skills
• Increase children's appreciation of the importance of number skills
• Enhance children's uptake and enjoyment of physical activity
About the pack
• Aviva Tackling Numbers has been awarded the pfeg (Personal Finance Education Group) Quality Mark after being independently assessed by the UK's leading financial education charity. To find out more visit www.pfeg.org
• This pack has been produced as an aid to delivering the Aviva Tackling Numbers Programme in your school
• It contains full lesson plans and resources for both the practical and classroom sessions of Aviva Tackling Numbers
• The pack is teacher friendly with diagrams, narrative and teaching points to ensure the whole class gets the most out of each session. The pack also covers moves, skills and suggested drills for the practical sessions that are broken down to help you get everyone involved
To download the Aviva Tackling Numbers resources please click here
"Piloted between 2009 and 2011 in schools, Tackling Numbers is proven to catalyse improved numeracy skills and increased activity. With our partners Aviva, Premiership Rugby is excited to take Aviva Tackling Numbers into a new era.
"Aviva Tackling Numbers equips children with the confidence and skills to use maths in a practical way. It provides the foundations for children to manage their money well, now and in the future.
"Recognising this contribution to increasing financial literacy in the UK, Aviva Tackling Numbers has been awarded the Personal Finance Education Group (Pfeg) Quality Mark. We are proud to receive this seal of approval from the UK's leading independent authority on financial education."
- Wayne Morris, Community and Corporate Responsibility Director, Premiership Rugby.
"Aviva already plays an active role in our communities and we're extending this with our support of Tackling Numbers. This programme can help educate young people and prepare them for their future, where basic financial skills are a necessity.
"Aviva has a long history of working with grassroots sports, and this is a natural extension of the work we've been doing. Time and again we've seen the importance of understanding financial matters in adult life. Through our partnership with Premiership Rugby, we can help children to be more confident in maths and increase their enjoyment of numeracy, and build their money skills. We see this as an investment in their future financial security."
- Heather Smith, Marketing Director, Aviva UK