As part of Pegasus Company training the recruits have to do a stretcher race and a log run. The squad undertook the stretcher race in the morning, a brutal challenge in itself, before taking part in the log race in the afternoon.
Anyone that didn't complete an event was pulled out and put into the Land Rovers which were following. Many of the players, if not all, felt that it was the toughest challenge both mentally and physically that they had ever done.
Pegasus Company are responsible for training and assessing Officers and Soldiers to determine whether that individual has the professional and personal qualities and traits to serve within Airborne Forces and the spearhead brigade of the British Army.
As part of the selection process all candidates must complete the following 8 tests within a strict criteria over a five day period.
- 10 mile loaded march to be completed in 1 hour 50 minutes carrying a 37lbs bergan plus individual weapon system.
- Trainasium - 60 foot aerial assault course.
- Log race - a two mile race carrying a 50kg log between 8 people.
- Steeple chase - a two mile cross country water trap assault course.
- 2 Mile loaded march - a two mile speed march completed in under 18 minutes carrying a 37lbs bergan plus individual weapon system.
- Milling - one minute of hand to hand combat against an opponent of equal height and build.
- Endurance march - a 20 mile endurance march completed in 4 hours and 10 minutes carrying a 37lbs bergan plus individual weapon system.
- Stretcher race - a five mile race carrying a 75kg metal stretcher between 16 people.
On the 11 June 14 all permanent members of staff from Pegasus Company will attempt to complete the above tests to the same standard as the candidates within a 24 hour period.
It should be emphasised that this feat of endurance has never been successfully completed. All monies raised by this endurance event will be donated to military charities.
To find out more, please visit www.justgiving.com/pcompany24