The Gloucester (England) Rugby Academy forms part of the RFU's Regional Academy network with the primary objective of identifying and developing the next generation of players for Gloucester Rugby and England within the geographical boundaries of Gloucestershire.
An exciting opportunity has become available at the club for the right person to lead the Academy process going forward.
The position of Academy Manager is currently vacant and Gloucester Rugby are looking to appoint an individual with the appropriate skillset, passion and experience to devise, implement and deliver the strategic plan for the Gloucester Rugby Player Development Pathway going forward.
The appointee will be involved in the operation of the academy, overseeing the personal and athletic development of identified academy athletes, whilst preparing them for a professional club playing career and developing them to challenge for places within England representative sides.
They will work closely with the academy's academic partners, Constituent Bodies and their clubs. In particular they will:
- Oversee the establishment of structures and feeder systems that identify playing talent within existing club, school and CB development squads, schools of rugby, and by direct referral.
- Establish, deliver and develop an excellent Elite Player Development Group (EPDG) system that provides the required coaching, strength and conditioning, medical, educational interventions to support the development of young players with potential to be elite performers.
- Forge clear and positive relationships with teachers of rugby, coaches and development staff within feeder colleges, schools, clubs and CBs.
- Develop the relationship with Hartpury College, ensuring excellent communication lines between Gloucester Rugby and the College.
- Design, Manage, implement and monitor Individual Development Plans for all Gloucester Rugby England Academy Scholars in conjunction with their support network.
- Liaise with England Age Group coaches to ensure clear lines of communication and player management.
- Support the Gloucester Rugby Head Coach with coaching or other technical support within Gloucester 1st XV as required.
- Act as Head Coach for Gloucester Rugby's 'A' team, including pre-match preparation, player goal setting and player feedback processes.
- Manage the Academy budget and record keeping.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the highest standards of personal, professional and managerial attributes. Ideally they will:
- Have a significant level of experience and achievement in the coaching, support and development of young players.
- Have a track record of effective management.
- Be qualified to a minimum of RFU level 3 coaching award (preferably RFU level 4).
- Be well versed in developing constructive working partnerships with both sporting and non sporting organisations.
- Be achievement orientated and have the ability to deliver in an outcome driven pressurised working environment.
- Be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic, drive and enthusiasm in a similar role.
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Be a confident and proficient user of information technology.
Initially the appointment will be made for a fixed term (negotiable), with good prospects for continuation thereafter. The remuneration package offered will reflect the significance of the role and the capabilities of the successful candidates
- To apply, please email your CV with 2 references and a covering letter (no more than 1 side of A4) by email for the attention of John Brain: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The closing date for applications is Friday 2nd March 2011
- Interviews will take place in the week beginning Monday 19th March
- Applicants who are not invited for interview will not be contacted.
- Candidates selected for interview will be contacted by email.
The Criminal Records Bureau enhanced disclosure process applies to this post