Throughout the February half term there will be camps taking place at Ledbury RFC and at Pates Grammar school for children aged between 7 and 13. The courses will provide sessions on the following:
Our camps include the following elements:
- Handling - the basic priniciples, advanced techniques and beyond
- Decision Making - the fundamentals of game understanding, evasion and attacking play
- Contact - tackle technique, rucking, mauling and defensive systems
- Running - the principles of speed and agility
- Analysis - used to improve game understanding
- Nutrition - advice given to all participants based on the life of a pro rugby player
- Strength and Conditioning - this is a new element to our camps which will provide information for all players on techniques used to build strength, speed and agility
- Team Building - A huge part of the game, which we concentrate on throughout the camp, with various techniques such as command tasks.
Our camps for 7-13 year olds and perfect for players that are new to the game and also for those that want to become a better player. The players will be split upon arrival at the camp and put into groups based on age and ability and given sessions to suit their particular needs!
Participants will receive a FREE t-shirt as part of the camp along with a match day ticket voucher which can be redeemed for specific fixtures during the season. (Adult tickets will be available at a discounted rate)
Places are available now! Book your place today to avoid disappointment. Group bookings are welcome, for discounts please contact the Community Department on 01452 872286. Groups must be 5 or more to receive a discount.