In particular, they will:
• Assist the Academy Director in the management of the Gloucester England Rugby Academy and support players aged 13 - 18 within the process.
• Lead the skills development of elite players aged 13 - 18 including 1-2-1 mentoring and maintaining individual review files.
• Coach Gloucester Rugby's under 15's team and provide input to the county under 16 and under 18 teams.
• Co-ordinate the AASE programme partnered between Gloucester Rugby and Hartpury College which includes the delivery of skills coaching.
• Oversee the Schools of Rugby and Junior Talent Development programmes and co-ordinate volunteer coaches.
• Ensure academy players aged 16 - 18 follow the agreed education, coaching and referee pathways.
• In conjunction with the Academy Director and national coaches manage an effective lifestyle mentoring process for all members of the academy squad.
The successful candidates will need to demonstrate the highest standards of personal, professional and managerial attributes. Ideally they will:
• Have a sophisticated understanding of elite player development and evaluation.
• Have significant experience in mentoring and support of young players.
• Be well versed in developing constructive working partnerships with both sports and non-sports based organisations.
• Have an energetic and inspiring personality, allied to effective communication and presentation skills.
• Be achievement orientated and able to deliver in an outcome driven environment.
• Be a strong, effective manager of players, coaches and development staff.
• Be confident in the application of information technology within the context of player development, monitoring and evaluation.
Initially the appointments will be made for a fixed term (negotiable), with good prospects for continuation thereafter. The remuneration package offered will reflect the significance of the role and the capabilities of the successful candidates.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter, to Allan Lewis at Kingsholm Stadium, Kingsholm Road, Gloucester, GL1 3AX or email to email@example.com.
Further information is available below
Applications must be submitted by noon on Friday 17th September 2010. Interviews will take place on Tuesday 28th September 2010.
The Criminal Records Bureau enhanced disclosure process applies to this post