This new post will be responsible for the utilisation of these facilities and it is an opportunity for an individual with energy, enthusiasm and experience to contribute significantly to the development of Gloucester Rugby Ltd.
Applicants will have strong sales and managerial experience from within a relevant hotel, conference centre or sports environment and be used to delivering agreed budget and revenue targets.
Job description and further information can be obtained from www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk.
Applications letters together with full CV details and two referees should be sent to Peter Grzonka, Sales and Marketing Manager, Gloucester Rugby Ltd, Kingsholm Stadium, Gloucester GL1 3AX.
The closing date for both posts is Friday 20th April 2007.
Job and Person Specification
Company: Gloucester Rugby Ltd
Position: Conferencing Sales Manager
Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire
Reporting in to: Pete Grzonka, Head of Sales and Marketing
1. Purpose of position:
To set up and drive business to the new conferencing, meetings, events and corporate hospitality facilities located at Gloucester Rugby Club.
2. Context of position:
Gloucester Rugby Ltd is in the process of redeveloping Kingsholm Stadium and a new Grandstand is currently under construction. This new building will contain a large lounge with 500 person seated capacity together with a number of smaller facilities suitable for a wide range of conferences, meetings, and other events, including civil marriages etc.
The spectator seating element of the building will be opened in September 2007, with conferencing and corporate hospitality facilities ready for early November 2007.
These conferencing, training, business meetings and hospitality facilities provide new revenue opportunities for Gloucester Rugby Ltd and the new Conferencing Sales Manager will be responsible for heading up the development of this department which has the capacity to grow as business increases.
3. Why someone should take this role / join the Company?
This is a forward thinking and ambitious club that has high aims both on and off the pitch and the next 2-3 years will represent a period of exciting and significant growth.
As this is a new role, there is real room for an individual with energy and enthusiasm to make an impact and quickly see results. The Conference Centre facilities will be of a high standard and the Conference Sales Manager will be working with a highly competent operational team.
This will allow an individual with experience to contribute significantly to the development of the non-sporting business activities of Gloucester Rugby Ltd.
4. Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
• To set up and run the conferencing sales operation at Gloucester Rugby
• To deliver or exceed agreed sales targets and budgets
• To assist in the preparation and agreement of the Club's overall sales strategy and brand development and implement as appropriate
• To maximise usage of Gloucester Rugby's Conference Centre facilities across all non-sporting sectors
• To find new innovative ways of developing value added relationships with clients
• To liaise with all conferencing, events and corporate hospitality clients and build relationships with key accounts to drive cross/up selling opportunities
• To actively seek new business partners in the area
• To ensure that all sales administration is completed correctly through to invoice stage
• To work closely with the marketing team to ensure a coherent and co-coordinated approach to the market and our customers.
• To maintain an up to date data management system
• To adhere to all relevant procedures and processes in place and updated from time to time
• Any other duties as defined by your Manager
5. Skills, knowledge and qualifications required
• Solid sales experience within a relevant hotel, conference centre, venue or sports environment
• Energy, enthusiasm and a positive outlook
• Highly sales oriented and driven to succeed
Package OTE £30-35k (bonus estimated at £7-8,000)
7. Start Date:
Pete Grzonka, Head of Sales and Marketing, Gloucester Rugby
Kingsholm, Gloucester, GL1 3AX