An exciting opportunity has become available at the club for the right person to join the Academy process.
The position of Academy Assistant Manager is currently vacant and Gloucester Rugby are looking to appoint an individual with the appropriate skillset, passion and experience to assist the Academy Manager in the management, implementation, delivery and development of the Gloucester Rugby Player Development Pathway.
The appointee will be involved in the operation of the academy, overseeing the personal and athletic development of identified academy athletes, whilst preparing them for a professional club playing career and developing them to challenge for places within England representative sides.
They will work closely with the academy's academic partners, Constituent Bodies and their clubs. In particular they will:
- Maintain and develop structures and feeder systems that identify playing talent within existing club, school and CB development squads, schools of rugby, and by direct referral.
- Deliver and develop an excellent Elite Player Development Group (EPDG) system that provides the required coaching, strength and conditioning, medical, educational interventions to support the development of young players with potential to be elite performers.
- Forge clear and positive relationships with teachers of rugby, coaches and development staff within feeder colleges, schools, clubs and CBs.
- Support and enhance the relationship with Hartpury College, ensuring excellent communication lines between Gloucester Rugby and the College.
- Implement and monitor Individual Development Plans for all Gloucester Rugby England Academy Scholars in conjunction with their support network.
- Liaise with England Age Group coaches to ensure clear lines of communication and player management.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the highest standards of personal, professional attributes. Ideally they will:
- Have a significant level of experience and achievement in the coaching, support and development of young players.
- Be qualified to a minimum of RFU level 3 coaching award
- Be well versed in developing constructive working partnerships with both sporting and non-sporting organisations.
- Be well versed in EPDG, Advanced Apprenticeship in Sporting Excellence (AASE) and School of Rugby programmes
- Be achievement orientated and have the ability to deliver in an outcome driven pressurised working environment.
- Be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic, drive and enthusiasm in a similar role.
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Be a confident and proficient user of information technology.
Initially the appointment will be made for a fixed term (negotiable), with good prospects for continuation thereafter. The remuneration package offered will reflect the capabilities of the successful candidate.
To apply, please email your CV with 2 references and a covering letter (no more than 1 side of A4) by email for the attention of Andrew Stanley @gloucesterrugby.co.uk
The closing date for applications is Friday 13th July 2012
Applicants who are not invited for interview will not be contacted.
Candidates selected for interview will be contacted by email.