The successful candidate will report to the Head of Medical Services as part of a multi-disciplinary performance team that comprises 3 full-time physiotherapists, a part-time SEM Physician and 3 full-time Strength and Conditioning Coaches. Part-time Injury Prevention and Soft Tissue Support Staff are also in place.
Working exclusively with the Gloucester Rugby Senior Squad, general duties will include:
- Assessment and Rehabilitation Of Injured Senior Players
- Input Into The Development and Implementation of all Screening, Monitoring and Injury Prevention Programmes
- Collation of All Relevant Injury Data
- Provide Match Day Care For All First Team Fixtures
- Appropriate Record Keeping Of All Physiotherapy Interventions
- General Department Management and Support
You will ideally have a minimum of 5 years' experience within a professional rugby or equivalent full-time professional sporting environment.
Effective communication and inter-personal skills are crucial to this role. The RFU ICIS Qualification would also be desirable as would a comprehensive CPD Portfolio with a sports medicine / sports physiotherapy bias. Having possession of or working towards and MSc in Sport Physiotherapy / Sport Medicine may be advantageous.
The post-holder will be a qualified Chartered Physiotherapist, and a registered member of The Health Professions Council.
To apply, please send your full CV and Cover Letter by email to Alex Brown (Rugby Operations Manager) at email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 3rd January 2014