• Assist the Academy Managers in the management of the Gloucester England Rugby Academy and support players within the process.
• Manage the Gloucester Rugby Academy Developing Player Programme including the co-ordination of development plans for coaches working within the programme.
• Manage and facilitate Gloucester Rugby's outreach programme in conjunction with local partnership schools
• Work with the Gloucester Rugby Community Department to support where directed by the Academy Managers their programmes to enhance player development, recruitment, and coach development within the CB.
• Liaise with local RFU development staff to oversee the establishment of structures and feeder systems that identify playing talent within existing club, school and CB development squads, and by direct referral.
• Forge clear and positive relationships with teachers of rugby, coaches and development staff within feeder schools, clubs and CBs to enhance and develop Gloucester Rugby's player recruitment and development strategy at 13-15.
• Identify and recruit athletes with potential from other sports.
• Assist athletes within the academy programme to achieve the agreed world-class performance standards for fitness, diet, skill measures and attitude. Monitor achievement against these standards.
• In conjunction with the Academy Managers and Player Tracking Administrator ensure all player tracking information is entered onto the RFU player tracking database.
• In conjunction with the Academy Managers establish an effective lifestyle mentoring process for all members of the junior academy squad.
• Assist the Academy Managers to ensure the highest level of analysis is performed and available regarding all academy scholars and share that information with club Director of Rugby and the Director of the National Academy.
• With the Academy Managers identify and recommend appropriate specialist coaching support for the academy from England teams management and specialist coaching staff.
• Assist the Academy Managers to maintain squad discipline on and off the field to the highest standards and to administer the approved disciplinary procedures for the squad.
• Undertake an appropriate programme of in-service courses along with other academy coaching staff.
• Plan and work within agreed budgets.
In order to perform the role to the required standards, the jobholder should have the following skills, attitude and experience:
Desired Skills and Experience
1. Proven expertise and experience in identifying, nurturing and developing adolescent potential elite talent.
2. Proven experience of delivering coaching to adolescent athletes, and of managing and assisting their technical, tactical and mental development.
3. RFU/IRB Level 3 Qualified Coach.
4. A1 Assessors Award or Equivalent
5. Proven knowledge in the field of strength and conditioning and functional movement
6. Proven builder of relationships across a wide spectrum of stakeholders.
7. Be a positive and effective communicator, both written and verbal to inspire confidence in those you engage with.
8. Engaging presentation skills as will need to regularly present to the Junior Academy players, their parents, Gloucester Rugby staff and other key stakeholders involved with the Academy (eg RFU, County staff etc).
9. High levels of resilience as the role will involve long hours and significant face to face contact with Academy members, potential members, etc.
10. Be a champion for the Academy at all times and regularly promote the Academy to a variety of stakeholders.
11. Experience of managing a budget, negotiating with suppliers and reviewing supplier arrangements to get the best out of them.
12. Open to challenging the status quo to consistently improve the Academy.
Closing date for applications will be Friday 7th February 2014
Applications must consist of a covering letter and CV and sent to email@example.com - only successful applicants will be contacted.