Supporter Information – What’s On at the Northampton Saints Game
9 November 2018
Here is all you need to know if you’re coming to the game!
Tickets are still selling well for the fixture, which is part of the 2018-19 Club Membership, and general sale tickets are available from the Gloucester Rugby Ticket Office which opens at 9:30am on Friday morning.
Timings at a Glance:
- Gates Open at 5.45pm – Happy Hour for the first hour!
- Andy Wyman Interview with Will Safe and Gareth Denman in the Shogun Bar
- Pre-match activity including Win a Pint for your Row in the Stowford Press Stand
- By 7.40pm Please take your seats / find your spot in our terraces and join us in observing a minute’s silence.
- Kick Off at 7.45pm
- Half-time – Hit The Bar Challenge presented by A-Plan and help our former players to raise money for former Gloucester Rugby Player Richard Tombs
- Post Match – Ally are in the Shogun Bar
Match Specific Activity:
The Cherry and Whites will be wearing the 2018 Poppy Shirt as we continue to say Thank You to the entire First World War generation who served, sacrificed and changed our world, as well as observing a pre-match minutes’ silence.
As well as this, the club will be raising money for former player Richard Tombs. Please join us in helping our former players who are raising money for Richard Tombs . Former Gloucester Rugby and Wallaby centre Richard Tombs who joined the Cherry & Whites as one of our first overseas player in 1997, suffered a serious neck injury in a freak football accident earlier this year in Australia.
Fred Reed, Gloucester Rugby President and former players will be collecting money throughout the Stadium at half-time which will be donated to a charity that has been set up in Australia to raise money to support Richard & his family. The Gloucester Rugby Players Association have already donated over £2000 to get the ball rolling.
At 7.20pm this evening we need everyone’s help in the Stadium as we want you to Flex your muscles & show your guns in support of Tombsy!
The Best way to experience Kingsholm:
Make sure that you download the Gloucester Rugby App! The only way to get access to the superfast new Wi-Fi at Kingsholm.
- Select “Gloucester Rugby Free” on your Wi-Fi menu, download the app from the App store. Once you have downloaded, open the App and click connect you will automatically connect to our Super-Fast Wi-Fi.
- The App includes – Ref Link, SwipeStation, half-time quiz, vote for your Stowford Man of the Match and lots more exciting features.
For more information, Visit Here
Things not to miss:
Kingsholm Stadium gates open at 5.45pm, and don’t forget there will be a Happy Hour in the bars from then until 6.45pm. Still £3-a-pint, and available on Greene King IPA, Wolfpack Lager and Stowford Press.
Pick up a copy of the matchday programme which this week will cost £2.50, from around the ground. The programme includes an interview with back rower Freddie Clarke, lots of news from around the club, and a look at our visitors from Franklin’s Gardens.
Head to the Shogun Bar at 7.10pm, where Andy Wyman will be interviewing Players – Will Safe and Gareth Denman.
Supporters in the West Terrace are reminded to be ready at 7.25pm, where mini-balls will be thrown into the Terrace by Paddy McAllister and Lloyd Evans ready for the ‘A-Plan Insurance Hit The Bar’ Challenge at Half Time.
At 7.35pm, supporters in the Stowford Press Stand are invited to keep an eye on the roving camera, and one lucky winner will win a pint of Stowford Press for their whole row!
Head to the Shogun Bar post-match for musical entertainment where Ally will be performing. Ally joins us here in the Shogun Bar post-match, performing a range of floor-filling crowd-pleasers from the 60’s right through to present day. Ally’s passion for music shines through in her performance and we guarantee you won’t be disappointed! Get ready to party with Ally!
Eat, Drink and beat the queues with SwipeStation:
Don’t forget happy hour from gates opening for the 1st hour! We are delighted to confirm the introduction of 2-pint reusable cups! Head to the Gloucester Rugby bars to get yourself a 2-pinter and also try some of the new drinks on offer! Please note there is a £2 deposit for these refundable when you hand the cup back.
Download the SwipeStation App to make sure you beat the queues! Head to the Shogun Bar for the machines to print off your ticket and be back at your seat without missing a beat!
Food and Refreshments wise, there are plenty of options on offer around the stadium from Freeman’s Event Partners.
- At Gate 1, take advantage of the Gourmet Burger Van, West Cornwall Pasty and Woodfired Pizza and Freshly ground Coffee & Crepes and outside the Lions Den, head to the Lavazza Coffee cup
- At Gate 2, head to the Gourmet Burger Unit, Brackhurst Gourmet Sausage and Lavazza Coffee, and at Gate 3, enjoy some Traditional Hog Roast. In the Shogun Bar, visit West Cornwall Pasty Bar.
- If the thought of artisan sausages and slow-cooked, tender pulled pork makes your mouth water, look no further than Hog Roast at Gate 3, serving top-quality locally produced pork and sausages from the Gloucester Sausage Company!
Travelling to Kingsholm:
Supporters wishing to attend the game and take advantage of the Park and Ride service can use the EDF Energy Barnwood Service which runs as follows;
Pre-match 5.45pm to 7.40pm, then post-match from approximately 9:30pm until the final bus at 11.30pm.
Important Notice. Please Note that the Tesco’s Park and Ride is no longer available on Gloucester Rugby Matchdays. Apologies for any inconvenience.