Supporter Information – What’s On at the Munster Rugby game
10 January 2019
The Cherry and Whites play host to Irish giants Munster Rugby this Friday evening, with the Heineken Champions Cup returning for Round Five, with focus turning onto qualification from a well set Pool group (KO 7.45pm)
After a pulsating clash in Round Two in Limerick, the Cherry and Whites will be keen to show the fine form that saw them beat Castres Olympique and Exeter Chiefs, and set up a fascinating final round.
Here is all you need to know if you’re coming to the game!
Tickets are close to selling out for the fixture, which is part of the 2018-19 Club Membership, limited general sale tickets are available from the Gloucester Rugby Ticket Office which opens at 9:30am on Friday morning.
It’s going to be a busy match so to avoid delays please don’t forget your tickets (as organising re-prints will cause delays). Please ensure that you arrive at the stadium in good time to pass through the turnstiles and if you are collecting tickets arrive early.
Timings at a Glance:
- Gates Open earlier at 5pm – Happy Hour is extended until 6.30pm
- Pre-match music is Frazer Lepford on the Busker stage.
- Look out for our Mascot – Kingsley around the stadium!
- Andy Wyman Interviews in the Shogun Bar with Ruan Ackermann and James Hanson at 7pm
- At 7.35pm, supporters in the Stowford Press Stand are invited to keep an eye on the roving camera, and one lucky winner will win a pint of Stowford Press for their whole row!
- Kick Off at 7.45pm
- Half-time – Hit The Bar Challenge presented by A-Plan and our Half Time game, Storage King presents Storage Fling! One supporter will have five chances to throw a ball into our new Storage King Unit, successful balls mean points, and points mean prizes! The supporter that finishes at the top of the Storage Fling leader board come the end of the season will win a whopping £1000 cash!
Fizzi – Shogun Bar
Fizzi are an award winning party duo guaranteeing to deliver a cocktail of cool modern pop tunes with a twist of rock. A mix of all party genres guaranteed to dazzle the Shogun Bar and get the dance floor rocking!
Frazer Lepford – Busker Stage
Frazer is a singer/songwriter from Cheltenham. He started his career busking in the streets around the south west. He now plays shows all around the UK.
Things not to miss:
Kingsholm Stadium gates open at 5pm, and don’t forget there will be a Happy Hour in the bars from then until 6.30pm. Still £3-a-pint, and available on Heineken.
Pick up a copy of the matchday programme which this week will cost £3.50, from around the ground. The programme includes an interview with number eight Ben Morgan, and lots of news from around the club.
The only way to get access to the superfast new Wi-Fi at Kingsholm.
- To get access to our super-fast Wi-Fi, make sure that you download the Gloucester Rugby App from App Store or Google Play!
- Select “App Download” on your Wi-Fi menu, download the app from the App store or Google Play. Once you have downloaded open the App and click connect you will automatically connect to our Super-Fast Kingsholm Wi-Fi.
- The App includes – Ref Link, SwipeStation, half-time quiz, vote for your Man of the Match and lots more exciting features.
- Important – If you have already downloaded do make sure you update the app as you will not be able to access the state-of-the-art stadium WiFi without the latest update.
For more information, visit here
Food & Drink Options at Kingsholm:
Don’t forget happy hour from gates opening for the 1st hour! We are delighted to confirm the introduction of 2-pint reusable cups! Head to the Gloucester Rugby bars to get yourself a 2-pinter and also try some of the new drinks on offer! Please note there is a £2 deposit for these refundable when you hand the cup back.
Beat the queues with SwipeStation – Download the SwipeStation App to make sure you beat the queues! Head to the Shogun Bar or the new unit in the Lion’s Den for the machines to print of your ticket and be back at your seat without missing a beat!
Food and Refreshments wise, there are plenty of options on offer around the stadium from Freeman’s Event Partners.
- At Gate 1, take advantage of the Gourmet Burger Van, West Cornwall Pasty and Woodfired Pizza and Freshly ground Coffee & Crepes and outside the Lion’s Den, head to the Lavazza Coffee cup
- At Gate 2, head to the Gourmet Burger Unit, Brackhurst Gourmet Sausage and Lavazza Coffee, and at Gate 3, enjoy some Traditional Hog Roast. In the Shogun Bar, visit West Cornwall Pasty Bar.
- If the thought of artisan sausages and slow-cooked, tender pulled pork makes your mouth water, look no further than Hog Roast at Gate 3, serving top-quality locally produced pork and sausages from the Gloucester Sausage Company!
Travelling to Kingsholm:
Supporters wishing to attend the game and take advantage of the Park and Ride service can use the EDF Energy Barnwood Service which runs as follows;
Pre-match 5.45pm to 7.40pm, then post-match from approximately 9.45pm until the final bus at 11pm. Please note the drop-off and pick up area will be outside the road closures, so please go to your drop-off point for your return journey.
Important Notice. Please Note that the Tesco’s Park and Ride is no longer available on Gloucester Rugby Matchdays. Apologies for any inconvenience.