What’s on at the match – Exeter Chiefs | Gloucester Rugby Heritage Match
13 February 2020
Gloucester Rugby host Exeter Chiefs (Kick-Off 7.45pm) on Friday 14 February in the Gallagher Premiership. This game is our Heritage Match, with lots of activities happening which celebrate the rich Heritage of Gloucester Rugby.
Timings at a Glance:
- Gates Open at 5.45pm – Happy Hour runs until 6.45pm. Still £3-a-pint, and available on Greene King IPA and Stowford Press.
- Fanzone open from 5.45pm – in the fanzone will be Gloucester Brass Brand, who will be playing between 6.30pm and 7.30pm.
- Andy Wyman Interviews Charlie Chapman & Charlie Sharples in the Shogun Bar at 7pm.
- At 7.25pm Former Players of Gloucester Rugby will be taking part in a pitch parade. They will be entering the pitch via The Lions Den – the former players’ entrance to pitch.
- Supporters in the Stowford Press Stand will have the chance to Win a Pint for their row with Stowford Press at 7.30pm.
- Kick Off at 7.45pm : Gloucester Rugby v Exeter Chiefs.
- Half-time – Hit The Bar Challenge presented by A-Plan. Former players of Gloucester Rugby will be taking part in our Hit The Bar Challenge!
- Post Match – BT Sport will be in Shogun Bar after the match.
* Please be aware that the Lions Den Bar will not be open between 5.45pm – 6.45pm due to a special event being hosted for former players. *
Here is all you need to know if you’re coming to the game!
Tickets are part of the 2019-20 Club Membership. Very limited tickets are still available for the game. You can get yours HERE
It’s going to be a busy match so to avoid delays please don’t forget your tickets (as re-prints cause delays). Please ensure that you arrive at the stadium in good time to pass through the turnstiles and if you are collecting tickets arrive early.
Things not to miss:
Pick up a copy of the matchday programme for £3.50, from around the ground. This week’s programme features an interview with Gloucester Rugby’s Mark Atkinson & special features focusing on Gloucester Rugby’s Heritage.
To get access to our super-fast Wi-Fi, make sure that you download the Gloucester Rugby App from App Store or Google Play!
- The App includes – Ref Link, In Seat Delivery for those in our seated stands, our Game of Holms Quiz – this week, take part in our Heritage themed Quiz about the History of Gloucester Rugby. Also you can vote for your Stowford Press Man of the Match and lots more exciting features.
- Important – If you have already downloaded do make sure you update the app as new features may have been added.
Before the game and at Half-Time we will be showing your ‘messages of love’ on the Big Screens to celebrate Valentines Day.
Food & Drink Options at Kingsholm:
- Don’t forget happy hour from gates opening for the 1st hour! We are delighted to confirm the introduction of 2-pint reusable cups! Head to the Gloucester Rugby bars to get yourself a 2-pinter and also try some of the new drinks on offer! Please note there is a £2 deposit for these refundable when you hand the cup back.
- “Beat The Queues” with Swipestation – simply access via the Gloucester Rugby App – select Rugby / Order / Beat the Queues to pre-order your drinks! Head to the Shogun Bar or the Lion’s Den for the machines to print off your ticket and be back at your seat without missing a beat!
- Sitting in the Malvern Tyres or Stowford Press Stands? Why not get your food & drink delivered to your seat? Try Gloucester Rugby’s in-seat delivery at Kingsholm? Open your Gloucester Rugby App – select Rugby / Order / In-seat Delivery.
- Food and Refreshments wise, there are plenty of options on offer around the stadium from Freeman’s Event Partners:
Head to Gate 1 for delicious pasties, a range of burgers, chicken and fish as well as local sausages and slow cooked pork from the Gloucester Old Spot Sausage company. Or warm yourself up with fresh coffee and sweet treats.
At Gate 2, there’s a variety of tasty beef and chicken burgers. If you’re after some freshly ground coffee, you can’t miss the Lavazza outlet.
For a traditional hog roast, head to Gate 3. There are also West Cornwall Pasty outlets in the Shogun Bar and Abbey Lounge.
Please check with your server if you have any specific dietary requirements.
Travelling to Kingsholm:
Supporters wishing to attend the game and take advantage of the Park and Ride service can use the EDF Energy Barnwood Service which runs as follows;
Pre-match 5.45pm – 7.40pm, then post-match from approximately 9.45pm until the final bus at 10.45pm. Please note the drop-off and pick up area will be outside the road closures, so please go to your drop-off point for your return journey.
There are very limited tickets still available so please visit the ticket office at Kingsholm Stadium or up to three hours before kick-off, you can get your ticket HERE