Gloucester Rugby Community Charity are delivering the HITZ programme across Gloucestershire.
HITZ is Premiership Rugby’s award-winning education and employability programme which works with over 2,000 14-18 year-olds across England every year.
HITZ uses rugby’s core values of teamwork, respect, enjoyment, discipline and sportsmanship to get young people not in education, training or employment (NEET) back into education, training, apprenticeships and/or employment, and is delivered nationally by England’s 12 professional rugby clubs.
Our core offer, the HITZ Learning Academy, offers a relaxed environment targeted at 16-18 year olds to improve their functional maths and English, develop valuable life skills and gain important qualifications alongside experience from work placements and employer-led sessions. The programme also offers essential enrichment and sporting activities which supports the development of the whole individual through not only improving their mental but physical wellbeing as well.
Participants in the HITZ programme regularly report an increase in resilience, self-confidence and aspiration as a result of their involvement, and over 70% go on to achieve a positive progression into further education, training or employment.
HITZ is funded by partners Land Rover, Comic Relief and Wooden Spoon.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a traineeship looking at the following:-
- Qualifications in Sport and Active Leisure and Employability as well as improving Mathematics and English functional skills up to level 2
- A wide range of industry specific qualifications, including gym instructor, first aid and food hygiene.
- The chance to develop your skills and build your confidence
- The opportunity to go out on work experience
- The opportunity to make new friends
- A relaxed and supportive learning environment based at Gloucester Rugby
- Information advice and guidance
- Personal social development
- The chance to try new sports and activities
- Money management advice
For more information visit: www.HITZrugby.com
Or contact Matt Russell: email@example.com, 01452 872276