Salary: £15,000pa (pro rata), plus benefits and expenses
About the Job:
- To deliver coaching to young people aged 7-18 age group in local schools and Clubs within the Gloucestershire area, as directed by the Community Development Manager (CDM)
- To introduce leadership skills to young people and provide ongoing support and sustainability by delivering teacher and coach education.
- To take a professional approach in the planning, preparation and organisation of coaching sessions, to include social inclusion and healthy lifestyle projects.
- To maintain a comprehensive schedule of coaching as established and administered by the CDM.
- General administration role within the Community Department to include co-ordination of the Club's Charity policy.
-To administer the Community Departments database with specific emphasis on the Club's Junior Membership package.
- Must be educated to a minimum of 'GCSE' standard with at least five GCSEs at grade C or above, but preferably to degree level or equivalent relevant qualification.
- Will have experience of coaching children and young people.
- Should hold an RFU coaching qualification (minimum level 1 / preferred Level 2) and have experience of delivering TAG rugby
- Should hold current driving license and have access to own transport (car).
- Should have a thorough knowledge of the game and a general understanding of the operation of junior rugby at a grass roots level.
- Must be a confident and effective communicator and have the ability to motivate yourself and others, as well as working effectively as a team member.
-Must have good IT skills with experience of using all Microsoft Office software- to include Word, Excel, Internet Explorer and PowerPoint.
Closing date for applications is Friday 6th May 2005
Interviews will be held week commencing 9th May 2005
Applications should be made in the first instance to Sophie Bennett Community Development Manager, an application form can be downloaded target=_blank>here
For further information please contact Sophie Bennett
Please submit completed applications to:
Community Development Manager,
Gloucester Rugby Club,
The Criminal Records Bureau enhanced disclosure process applies to this post