Gloucester Rugby take on Bristol this evening at Ashton Gate. Here are all of the key player, team and form statistics ahead of the Gallagher Premiership clash.
- Bristol Bears lost their last Premiership match against Gloucester Rugby (10-27 in Round 10 of this season) after winning five in a row previously; however, they won their last home match against Gloucester Rugby (39-7 in May 2021), with their 32–point margin of victory being their largest ever Premiership win against them.
- Bristol Bears are currently on a run of four straight Premiership defeats; should they suffer defeat against Gloucester Rugby, it will be the first time that they have lost five in a row since a run between March and May 2017, when they lost six.
- Since their opening day defeat to Saracens (9-26), Bristol Bears have scored 20 or more points in their nine subsequent home games this season; however, they have also conceded over 20 points in five of their last seven fixtures at Ashton Gate.
- Gloucester Rugby have lost their last two matches in the Premiership; however, they have not lost three in a row since a run of eight straight defeats between December 2020 and February 2021.
- Gloucester Rugby have lost their last three Premiership matches away from home after going undefeated in their previous six (W5 D1); additionally, they have only recovered to win one of the last 19 away matches in which they were trailing at half-time (25-24 v Saracens in round 13).
- Bristol Bears have scored 7.8 points per game in the first 20 minutes of matches, the most of any team in the Premiership this season; however, they have scored only 4.2 points per game in the last quarter of matches, a joint-low in the league this term (also Bath Rugby).
- Bristol Bears have completed 11.2 offloads per game, the most of any team in the Premiership this season, while Gloucester Rugby have made only 4.6 per game, the fewest of any side in 2021/22; the Bears have also completed the third most passes per game (160), while Gloucester Rugby trails the league in that category (108).
- Gloucester Rugby have made 150 tackles per game, more than any other Premiership side this season; Bristol Bears have made an average of 142 per game, the third most in the league in 2021/22.
- Only 12 players have completed 10 or more dominant tackles in this season’s Premiership, and of those 12, four play for Bristol Bears: Jake Woolmore (10), Daniel Thomas (11), Fitz Harding (13) and Sam Jeffries (14).
- Only Harlequins’ Tyrone Green (234) had made more carries in this season’s Premiership than Gloucester Rugby’s Ruan Ackermann (223); Ackermann also ranks in the top 10 for tackles made this term (199, 7th).