Gloucester Rugby take on Saracens this afternoon at the Stone X Stadium. Here are all of the key player, team and form statistics ahead of the Gallagher Premiership clash.
- Saracens are unbeaten in their last 13 home matches against Gloucester in the Premiership (W12 D1), with their last home defeat in this fixture taking place in November 2008 (21-25).
- Saracens have won 19 home games against Gloucester Rugby and a win in their next clash would see the Cherry and Whites become the third team they’ve reached 20+ home wins against in the Premiership (W23 v Sale Sharks & W20 v Newcastle Falcons).
- Saracens have lost just one of their last 15 games at home in the Premiership (W12 D2); Sarries have scored 42.6 points per game at home, the highest average of any team in the league in 2021/22.
- Gloucester Rugby are undefeated in their last four away games in the Premiership (W3 D1) but haven’t had a longer such sequence in the competition since April – November 2006 when they went on a five-game unbeaten run (W4 D1).
- Saracens have averaged 3.1 points per 22 entry in the Premiership in 2021/22, the highest average of any team; Gloucester have the third highest such value in the league this season (2.5).
- Saracens have slotted 35 conversions and 33 penalties, both league-high tallies in the Premiership in 2021/22; Sarries have made 85% of their kicks at goal, the highest success rate of any team in the league this season.
- Gloucester Rugby have made an average of 160 tackles per game in the Premiership in 2021/22, the most of any team, while Saracens have averaged the second most (156).
- Saracens’ Max Malins has scored nine tries, a joint-high in the Premiership this season alongside London Irish’s Agustin Creevy; Malins has been directly involved in 12 tries overall (scored nine, assisted three), only Harlequins’ Danny Care has been involved in more than him (13).
- Gloucester Rugby duo Lewis Ludlow (159) and Freddie Clarke (156) rank first and second respectively for tackles made in the Premiership in 2021/22; Ludlow has missed the joint most tackles of any forward though (21,. Level with Billy Vunipola).
- Gloucester Rugby’s Ben Meehan has made the most kicks in play of any player in the Premiership this season (157), while only Leicester’s George Ford has tallied more kicking metres (4960) than Meehan in the league this term (4113).