Invitation to walk
Friday 19th August 2022
This will be the last of the Presidents charity walks and let’s make it a good one. It’s been a trying couple of years with COVID, however we can now get out there and raise some money for 3 Charities the” Fold” a South African children charity supported by Martin St Quinton and his wife Judith, local charity, Pied Piper, and the Gloucester Rugby Foundation.
We are looking for each of our walkers to hopefully raise £100 or more with a overall target of £15,000 for the three special causes.
The walk will be around 18 miles and will take place on the above date meeting at Kingsholm for coffee and a Bacon bap. Transport will be arranged down to Sharpness docks and walking back along the Canal to the Farmers Club. (Please note if you are bringing the dog you need to arrange your own transport down to Sharpness).
Itinerary for the day
- Meeting at Kingsholm - 08:30
- Transport/Bennet coach to Dockers club car park - 09:30
- Walk starts from the car park - 10:30
- Halfway stop to re-fuel stop start in your own time
- For those wanting a beer, see you in the Pilot.
- Walk will finish at the Farmers Club Sandhurst Lane
- Boat/medical support – Keith Jones and his crew
- Medical support – Ken Savory
Please let me know if you are interested in joining us. I look forward to hearing from you and the challenge ahead.
Fred West - Club President. Tel: 07539 723112 E-Mail: [email protected]
Just giving page is: www.justgiving.com/campaign/presidentswalk