On Sunday 10 October, Gloucester Rugby are encouraging supporters to spend a night in The Shed in support of world homeless day.
The Gloucester Rugby Foundation have teamed up with Gloucester City Mission to ask people to take part in the ‘Sleep Out in The Shed’.
All monies raised will be donated to the Gloucester Rugby Foundation’s Homeless Rugby Project and Gloucester City Mission.
This is the opportunity to sleep rough in the famous Shed to raise awareness about rough sleeping and homelessness whilst also raising funds for the Gloucester Rugby Foundation and Gloucester City Missions Winter Shelter and outreach work.
Gloucester City Mission has been supporting the homeless and vulnerable in and around Gloucester since 2003.
They offer clients;
- The City's Winter Shelter;
- Outreach support six days a week;
- A hot lunch every Wednesday;
- Fresh clothes, toiletries and emergency provision through our Restore unit
- Job opportunities at the Revive Coffee House;
- Mobile outreach support for those rough sleeping away from the city centre;
- Life skills courses - currently walking rugby with Gloucester Rugby Foundation, music therapy, art, job and benefits supports, literacy, football, an Alpha course and a Beta Course. We are also planning a new IT based course with the Gloucester Rugby Foundation
We also have exciting plans to open an education and training centre in January to offer clients opportunities in a range of basic skills courses and accredited courses so that they can have greater opportunities to improve their lives.
The Winter Shelter is moving to a new centre this year where we can offer clients even better provision than previous years. It is open for 122 nights from 1st December through to 31 March. It offers a safe place for clients to come in off the streets for a bed, food, fresh clothes, showers, advice and companionship when they have nowhere else to go. It costs £30,000 per year to run and averages 13 sleepers per night.
Join us in the Shed
Places cost £10 per person with a fundraising target of £100 each. SIGN UP NOW
Cardboard will be provided. Sleeping bags are available to hire for £10.
Places are limited. Don’t miss out – secure your place NOW.
We are collecting items for Gloucester City Mission. If you have any of the items below you will be able to drop them off Monday 4th – Friday 8th at the main reception. We will not be able to accept anything on matchday.
Trainers – especially size 9 and 10
Men’s jeans - waist size 30/32/34
Men’s / Ladies T shirts S-M-L
Men’s / Ladies shorts S-M-L
Underwear - (New)
Large, clean and dry cardboard