Gloucester Rugby host Sale Sharks (Kick-Off 7.45pm) on Friday 28 February in the Gallagher Premiership. Gloucester Rugby have dedicated this match to Mental Health Awareness in aid of The Gloucester & District Samaritans.
Timings at a Glance:
- Gates Open at 5.45pm – Happy Hour runs until 6.45pm. Still £3-a-pint, and available on Greene King IPA and Stowford Press.
- Fanzone open from 5.45pm – Visit Gloucester & District Samaritans who will be collecting and raising Mental Health Awareness.
- We are delighted to announce that Cheltenham Racecourse are bringing the Cheltenham Gold Cup to Kingsholm! There are some opportunities for fans to get a photo! If you are a hospitality guest the cup will be in the 1873 RicohLounge from 6pm-6.35pm and then for rest of our fans in the Shogun Bar from 6.45pm to 7.30pm!
- Andy Wyman will also be interviewing Former Jockey Andrew Thornton in the Shogun Bar at 6.55pm.
- Andy Wyman Interviews Jason Woodward & Owen Williams in the Shogun Bar at 7pm.
- At 7.25pm supporters in the Speedy Skips Stand will have the chance to catch a ball to take part in our Half-Time Hit The Bar Challenge with A-Plan
- Supporters in the Stowford Press Stand will have the chance to Win a Pint for their row with Stowford Press at 7.30pm .
- 7.45pm - Kick-Off - Gloucester Rugby vs Sale Sharks
- Half-time – Hit The Bar Challenge presented by A-Plan. You could win yourself a ticket to England U20 v Wales U20 in the U20s Six Nations Championship - taking place at Kingsholm on Friday 6 March (Kick-Off 7.45pm).
- Post Match – The Strattles will be playing in the Shogun Bar after the game. The Strattles are a duo who love to entertain. Their set list full of all of our favourite pop rock soul and Motown tunes takes you on a musical journey. Singing and dancing is guaranteed when these guys are on stage. Enjoy the Strattles show!
Here is all you need to know if you’re coming to the game!
Tickets are part of the 2019-20 Club Membership. Limited tickets are still available for the game. You can get yours HERE
It’s going to be a busy match so to avoid delays please don’t forget your tickets (as re-prints cause delays). Please ensure that you arrive at the stadium in good time to pass through the turnstiles and if you are collecting tickets arrive early.
There will be bucket collectors around the ground raising money for Gloucester & District Samaritans. Please do give generously. You can also donate HERE
*Please note we will be trialling payment by Card Only in the following bars: Shogun, Abbey Lounge Right, 1873 Ricoh Lounge, Legends Lounge.
We welcome any feedback - please email [email protected], subject: “Cashless”
Things not to miss:
Pick up a copy of the matchday programme for £3.50, from around the ground. This week’s programme features an interview with Gloucester Rugby’s Josh Hohneck.
To get access to our super-fast Wi-Fi, make sure that you download the Gloucester Rugby App from App Store or Google Play!
- The App includes – Ref Link, In Seat Delivery for those in our seated stands, our Game of Holms Quiz - this week, take part in our Heritage themed Quiz about the History of Gloucester Rugby. Also you can vote for your Stowford Press Man of the Match and lots more exciting features.
- Important – If you have already downloaded do make sure you update the app as new features may have been added.
Before the game and at Half-Time we will be showing your 'messages of love' on the Big Screens to celebrate Valentines Day.
Food & Drink Options at Kingsholm:
- Don’t forget happy hour from gates opening for the 1st hour! Head to the Gloucester Rugby bars to get yourself a 2-pinter and also try some of the new drinks on offer! Please note there is a £2 deposit for these refundable when you hand the cup back.
- “Beat The Queues” with Swipestation – simply access via the Gloucester Rugby App – select Rugby / Order / Beat the Queues to pre-order your drinks! Head to the Shogun Bar or the Lion’s Den for the machines to print off your ticket and be back at your seat without missing a beat!
- Sitting in the Malvern Tyres or Stowford Press Stands? Why not get your food & drink delivered to your seat? Try Gloucester Rugby’s in-seat delivery at Kingsholm! Open your Gloucester Rugby App – select Rugby / Order / In-seat Delivery.
- Food and Refreshments wise, there are plenty of options on offer around the stadium from Freeman’s Event Partners:
Head to Gate 1 for delicious pasties, a range of burgers, chicken and fish as well as local sausages and slow cooked pork from the Gloucester Old Spot Sausage company. Or warm yourself up with fresh coffee and sweet treats.
At Gate 2, there’s a variety of tasty beef and chicken burgers. If you’re after some freshly ground coffee, you can’t miss the Lavazza outlet.
For a traditional hog roast, head to Gate 3. There are also West Cornwall Pasty outlets in the Shogun Bar and Abbey Lounge.
Please check with your server if you have any specific dietary requirements.
Travelling to Kingsholm:
Supporters wishing to attend the game and take advantage of the Park and Ride service can use the EDF Energy Barnwood Service which runs as follows;
Pre-match 5.45pm – 7.40pm, then post-match from approximately 9.45pm until the final bus at 10.45pm. Please note the drop-off and pick up area will be outside the road closures, so please go to your drop-off point for your return journey.
As part of the #BeKind Campaign, AndyCars will be giving 30 free local taxi journeys to our game against Sale Sharks on Friday. They will be picked at random, and your driver will notify you during your journey.
There are very limited tickets still available so please visit the ticket office at Kingsholm Stadium or up to three hours before kick-off, you can get your ticket HERE